2016-12-22

Late summer - haibun

Late summer
Marta Chocilowska 
Poland

aunt's house—
a meowing leads me
from the threshold 


For the last ten years I’ve spent my summer holidays at the seaside, renting a room from an old landlady whom I call auntie Jackie. This year too we made an appointment for the first week of September. Just before leaving, I find out that aunt Jackie has suddenly died from a stroke. Now, here we are, auntie’s cat, and me alone in the house.

Coming down the stairs in the morning I find myself thinking that Jackie is waiting for me with a cup of coffee. When I return from the seaside I feel for a moment that she will invite me for her famous tomato soup. At night I hear her footsteps on the stairs but it is only the light patter of cat feet, heading for my bed...
When the day of my departure comes the cat stares at me with her tail posed in a question mark. I do not know what to say to her.


closed window
in the folds of the sheer curtain
a fluttering moth

Cattails September 2016 - Haibun (debut)

Późne lato
dom mojej ciotkii
od progu prowadzi mnie
miauczenie

Od dziesięciu lat spędzałam urlopy nad morzem, wynajmując pokój od starszej pani, którą nazywałam ciocią Jadzią.. Także w tym roku umówiłyśmy się na pierwszy tydzień września. Tuż przed wyjazdem dowiedziałam się, że ciocia nagle zmarła na udar. I teraz jesteśmy tutaj, kotka cioci, i ja, same w tym domu.

Gdy schodzę rano po schodach, łapię się na myśli, że ciocia Jadzia czeka na mnie z filiżanką  kawy. Po powrocie znad  morza przez chwilę mam wrażenie, że zaprosi mnie na swoją słynną zupę  pomidorową. W nocy słyszę jej kroki na schodach, ale to tylko lekki tupot kocich łapek, kierujących się w stronę mojego łóżka ...
Gdy nadszedł dzień mojego wyjazdu, kotka patrzyła na mnie z ogonem postawionym  w znak zapytania. Nie wiem, co mam jej powiedzieć.

zamknięte okno
w fałdach tiulowej firanki
trzepotanie ćmy

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz